Group 9: Friendship-building
- Discernment and Trusting. Accurately appraising others. Not distorting with prejudice, overgeneralization, wish-fulfilling fantasies. Deciding what someone can be trusted for, and trusting when appropriate.
- Self-disclosure. Disclosing and revealing oneself to another when it’s safe.
- Gratitude. Expressing gratitude, admiration, and other positive feelings toward others.
- Social initiations. Starting social interaction; getting social contact going.
- Socializing. Engaging well in social conversation or play.
- Listening. Empathizing, encouraging another to talk about his own experience.
- Book excerpts, Instructions on Psychological Skills:
- Sample Friendship-building modeling story, Programmed Readings for Psychological Skills: